Corrosion Under Insulation course
This Corrosion Under Insulation (CUI) course emphasises the importance of proper maintenance and asset integrity management to decrease ongoing expenses. With Corrosion Under Insulation being a primary cause of asset degradation, it can result in significant financial consequences for asset owners.
- CUI is responsible for 40-60% of all piping maintenance costs
- Over 80% of piping leaks occur in diameters smaller than 4″
- CUI is associated with the lengthiest plant maintenance closures.
Our corrosion under insulation course has been developed by industry experts, providing valuable insight into corrosion and its prevention, as well as fireproofing and inspection of assets. The course covers all aspects of CUI, including inspection and management techniques, to significantly decrease asset and pipeline maintenance costs.
Enrol onto our CUI course to learn more about corrosion under insulation and gain valuable knowledge and training in CUI inspection and management.
- Introduction to CUI
- Why CUI Occurs
- Corrosion Fundamentals
- Forms of Corrosion
- Engineering Materials
- History of Insulation
- Introduction to Insulation
- Design Considerations to Minimise CUI
- Conducting Insulation Surveys
- Coatings for CUI
- Introduction to Thermal Metal Spray
- CUI Detection Methods
- Maintenance and Repair
- Standards and Industry Best Practices
Accredited by Lloyd’s Register
Certification valid for 5 years
Following this course, students should be considered for careers in insulation and coating systems used for the protection of structures and the specific testing of products.
• Painting Inspection qualification
• Insulation Inspector qualification