A cookie is a small amount of information that’s downloaded to your computer or device when you visit certain websites. We use a number of different cookies on the Corrodere Academy website, including necessary, functional, performance and targeting cookies. Cookies make your browsing experience better by allowing the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login and region selection). This means you don’t have to re-enter this information each time you return to the site or browse from one page to another. Cookies also provide information on how people use the website, for instance, whether it’s their first time visiting or if they are a frequent visitor. We use this information to improve the browsing experience for all of our users.
What cookies do we use and why?
Some cookies are necessary to allow you to browse our website, use its features, and access secure areas. The use of these cookies is essential for the website to work, and we do not use these cookies to collect personal information about you. For example, we use user-input cookies for the duration of a session to keep track of a user’s input when filling in forms that span several pages.
We also use functional cookies to remember the choices you’ve made or information you’ve provided, such as your username, language, or the region you are in. This allows us to tailor your website experience specifically to your preferences. For example, authentication cookies are functional cookies that are used for the duration of a session to allow users to authenticate themselves on subsequent visits or to gain access to authorised content across pages. The functional cookies we may use include:
- User-centric security cookies to detect authentication abuses for a limited persistent duration, like repeated failed login attempts. These cookies are set for the specific task of increasing the security of the service.
- Multimedia content player session cookies (flash cookies) are used for the duration of a session to store technical data needed to playback video or audio content (e.g. image quality, network link speed, and buffering parameters).
- Load balancing session cookies are used for the duration of the session to identify the same server in the pool in order for the load balancer to redirect user requests appropriately.
- User interface customisation persistent cookies are used to store a user’s preference regarding a service across web pages.
The Corrodere Academy is dedicated to user experience and we use many tools to help us improve our website. To this end, we use performance cookies to collect information about how you use our website and how often. These cookies only gather information for statistical purposes and do not gather any information that can personally identify you. However, because these cookies are not strictly necessary for the use of our website, we require your consent to use them. The performance cookies we use include:
- First party analytics cookies – We use these cookies to estimate the number of unique visitors, to improve our website and to detect the most searched for words in search engines that lead to a webpage. These cookies are not used to target you with online marketing. We use these cookies to learn how our website is performing and make relevant improvements to improve your browsing experience.
- We also use Google Analytics and other third-party analytics providers to help measure how users interact with our website content. These cookies “remember” what our users have done on previous pages and how they’ve interacted with the website. For more information on Google Analytics, visit Google’s information page. For instructions on how to opt out of Google Analytics, see below.
Targeting cookies are used on our website to tailor marketing to you and your interests and provide you with a more personalized service in the future. These cookies remember that you visited our website and we may share this information with third-parties, such as advertisers. Although these cookies can track your visits to our website and other sites, they typically cannot personally identify you. Without these cookies, the advertisements that you see may be less relevant and interesting to you. We do not use third-party advertising cookies.
Finally, Social plug-in tracking cookies are used by many social networks that have “social plug-in modules”. We integrate these modules into our platform to provide services that can be considered as “explicitly requested” by our users. Your consent, however, is required because some third-party social plug-in tracking cookies are used for things like behavioural advertising, analytics, and/or market research.
The length of time that a cookie remains on your computer or mobile device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Session cookies last until you stop browsing and persistent cookies last until they expire or are deleted. Most of the cookies we use are persistent and will expire between 90 days and two years from the date they are downloaded to your device. See the section below on how to control cookies for more information on removing them before they expire.
You can control and manage cookies in various ways. Please keep in mind that removing or blocking cookies can negatively impact your user experience.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can choose whether or not to accept cookies through your browser controls, often found in your browser’s “Tools” or “Preferences” menu. For more information on how to modify your browser settings or how to block, manage or filter cookies can be found in your browser’s help file or through such sites as www.allaboutcookies.org.
You can opt out of customized ads by visiting:
- Ads Preference Manager https://adssettings.google.com/u/0/authenticated?hl=en
To opt-out of Google Analytics:
- Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on https://support.google.com/ads/answer/7395996
If you use our website without opting out, it means that you understand and agree to data collection for the purpose of marketing ads to you.