QCA – S1
QCA S1 – Spray Painter
Corrodere Academy’s Qualified Coating Applicator (QCA) Certification programme, approved by LLoyd’s Register.
Created by industry experts who could see a gap in the market for qualifying Operatives, regardless of their industry background or experience and based solely on ability, knowledge and merit. Prove yourself competent.
- Pre-job preparation - safety briefing, risk assessment, PPE/RPE selection, health and safety briefing
- Panel preparation - check for surface contamination, surface irregularities and defects
- Airless spray equipment – set up power and equipment and safety checks
- Paint/coating products (pre-application) product data sheets, PPE/RPE, mixing of the products, environmental conditions
- Use of airless spray equipment – check equipment ready for use, application of specific products, film thickness, correct application finish, equipment shut-down
- Cleaning equipment
18 or over
Entrants should have learnt best practice through experience or training and have the knowledge to pass the practical and theoretical exams